This 30 greatest lead generation guide, tips, tricks & ideas is brought to you by the Jessica Meher from HubSpot with Unbounce.
Lead generation represents the marketing method of stimulating and capturing interest in a product or service for the purpose of developing sales pipeline. Lead generation important because buying process has changed, and marketers need to find new ways to reach buyers and get heard through the noise. Instead of finding customers with mass advertising and email blasts, marketers must now focus on being found and learn to build continuous relationships with buyers.
Before we dive into the 30 tips, we should first cover the mechanics of lead generation. The best lead generation campaigns contain most, if not all, of these components. From a tactical perspective, a marketer needs four crucial elements to make inbound lead generation happen. These includes:
An offer is a piece of content that is perceived high in value. Offers include ebooks, whitepapers, free consultations, coupons and product demonstrations.
A call-to-action (CTA) is either text, an image or a button that links directly to a landing page so people can find and download your offer.
A landing page, unlike normal website pages, is a specialized page that contains information about one particular offer, and a form to download that offer.
You can’t capture leads without forms. Forms will collect contact information from a visitor in exchange for an offer.
Highlights 30 Lead generation Ideas:
1. Use the Element of Scarcity
2. The Bandwagon Effect
3. Leverage Newsjacking
4. Focus on Creating An Amazing Title
5. Create Offers For Different Buying Stages
6. Avoid Corporate Gobbledygook
7. Use High-Value Offer Formats
8. Place Your CTA Where the Eye Can See
9. Clarity Trumps Persuasion
10. Use Contrast to Make CTAs Stand Out
11. Link Your CTA to a Dedicated Landing Page
12. Promote Offers on Product Pages
13. Thank You, Pages Are Great CTA Real Estate
14. Elements of an Effective Landing Page
15. Remove the Main Navigation
16. Match the Headline of the Landing Page to the Corresponding CTA
17. Less is More
18. Emphasize the Benefits of the Offer
19. Encourage Social Sharing
20. More Landing Pages Equal More Leads
21. The Right Form Length
22. To Submit or Not to Submit
23. Reduce Anxiety With Proof-Elements
24. Make the Form Appear Shorter
25. Blogging Brings in the Leads
26. Email Marketing
27. Use Social Media To Increase Reach and Engage
28. Organic Search
29. Use Links and CTAs within Offers
30. A/B Testing
The tips in this ebook will cover each of these elements so that each component is fully optimized to help you generate the most leads for your business. Inside The Smart Guide To Lead Generation — Now, go get all 30 full-length lead generation tips, it’s 42 pages and packed with actionable ideas.